Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting Married? Don't forget the IRS.

Getting married? Newlyweds can help make the wedded bliss last longer by doing a few things now to avoid problems at tax time.

First, report any name change to the Social Security Administration before you file your next tax return.

Next, report any address change to the Postal Service, your employer and the IRS to make sure you get tax-related items.

Finally, use the Withholding Calculator at to make sure your withholding is correct now that there are two of you to consider.